Full vs. Full:

Zippo I believe that the zippo will spark more fires (dis-allowing evaporation), The zippo fuel can be used on other tinder to make it more flamable (Just try soaking a bit of punk wood in butane before lighting it with your bic), The zippo can use stove fuel or other available fuel so you can carry only 1 fuel for multiple purposes,

Butane It will not evaporate, it will be more weather resistant, it is lighter, The sparking mechanism of bic lighters is more accessable if you are out of fuel and making a spark-lite alternative - not so of the peizo lighters, the peizo lighters won't spark sufficiently to light anything other than butane, some butane lighters will burn at soldering temps - Not sure why you'd need this - but they run out of fuel much faster TANSTAAFL.

Empty vs. Empty:

Zippo The sparking wheel is usable and peizo sparks aren't (see above) The Zippo "tinder" may still have enough fuel to light (BTW, this isn't usually cotton but rather something more resembling glass wool so if it lights it is only the fuel that is burning.), The Zippo can be used as a mirror?

Butane has no advantages here unless you have one with a spark wheel - though the spark wheel versions are not much better than zippo for weather-proofness.

Stored:

Zippo Don't count on a stored zippo because of evaporation.

Butane Butane lighters will store for extremely long periods and be useful. Butane is lighter and usually smaller for storage and kit-type EDC.

I suppose its mostly a matter of preference. I wouldn't want to depend upon a zippo that doesn't see daily use because of the evaporation problems. I would expect a stored zippo to be empty when needed. In a kit I depend upon matches and butane because both will work after extended storage. OTOH, don't depend on any daily use lighter unless you top it off before heading out - butane gets used up with daily use also.

Beware of butane lighters with bunches of extra functionalities. All those other gadgets, watches, knives, flashlights, compasses, altimeters, rain-guages etc take up space that would be better used storing more fuel. Most of the lighters I have seen with extra functionalities are either too bulky or contain so little fuel as to not get through two packs of cigarettes without needing refill.

YMMV.

Enjoy your vacation!