I recently picked up a used Toyota Tacoma (small) pickup truck. I needed a good little "farm truck" for around the property; and it could be useful as a BOV too.
As I've been working on stocking the truck with various emergency kits and items, something else that's been in the back of my mind is whether it would be a practical purchase to get some Tire Chains to keep in the truck?

I am located in Middle Tennessee, so we don't see much in the way of Wintery road conditions. But, when we do, it's often an Ice storm instead of snow.
And, when we do get snow or ice, the majority of drivers in this region are so inexperienced with it, that they totally freak out.
Through the years, I have had to make it home from work a few times when the weather and roads were "bad". Usually, avoiding other drivers is the biggest challenge; but, there have been a few instances where the roads have been treacherous.

I imagine I might never use tire chains; but, if they saved me from being stuck one time, I would be glad I had them.
I am just starting to research, so any tips and comments you can share are welcome.