Originally Posted By: Mike_H
One thing I've noticed here in SE PA is that the roads tend to get very slick, even with just light rain. I never noticed that in the NE.

I wonder if it is a function of the increased traffic, material road is paved with, something else?

Either way, people tend to not know how to drive in snow down here.

PA does build their roads differently than any other state. Other states they lay concrete with expansion gaps and then blacktop over. PA pours one continuous bed of concrete then comes back with a big saw blade and cuts the expansion gaps. They seem to cut too deep or too close together and water gets under and the concrete slabs then shift so you get that bu bump, bu bump, bu bump, bu bump, all the way. When they repaved I79 a few years back it was worse when they finished than when they started.

That state has worse drivers than others, you go to pass someone and there will be no one around yet they will cut over in front of you and they will be going 50mph when your going 65+ and you have to hit the brakes to keep from hitting them. No other state does it as consistent, twice it happened on this trip and the second one flipped me off.