I saw these on sale at the local OSH store, picked up 2. Seems like a pretty nice light for a whopping 22 bucks including batteries and a belt case. One to keep and one to give away in a few days.

I'm sure most of the folks here have owned or used a Maglite, I still like them. They're not the fanciest, or the lightest or even the brightest but I've only had one ever actually fail on me and if I had shipped it back to the manufacturer they probably could have fixed the problem easily, I didn't and finally tossed it.

I'm glad to see that they've "come around" to the whole LED bulb thing.

I've got one of their C cell lights in my car with an aftermarket LED conversion, not the brightest light in my collection but it works fine for what I need it to do and the extra long battery life is nice.

Cody Lundin makes a good case for continuing to use the Mini-mag in his latest book. He also makes a strong case against modifying them with an LED bulb and and the end switch, ala, Nite Izes.

I also use a Pelican M6 I think it is, very bright, uses 2 CR123 batteries. Battery cost is a small issue as is battery life but I use it for work so it's a writeoff. I also use a fair number of penlights at work, buy em by the 6 pack. I've tried using a better penlight but most are too bright for medical/EMS use.

JohnE

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen