Hmmm... I will not get into the debate which knife is better but I will tell you that there are other options out there if maybe Benchmade is not your cup of tea. Choosing knife is a personal thing. I used to follow advices from majority on what's right and what's junk but realized that chosing what fits my lifestyle the best requires more than just someones opinion. It requires handling a blade, putting it in your pocket that's why now I mostly buy knives I've handled.

With the MSRP of about $110-$125 RSK1 is a good valued folder. It uses good steel and proven lock.

My other options that I would put on the line are:

Spyderco Paramilitary about the same price. I prefer handle shape and thumb hole instead of a stud which I find easier to open with cold hands.

Buck Strider Tarani folder also about the same price. Same type of handle as paramilitary. Great blade with solid lockup. Uses thumb stud instead of the thumb hole. But I've put that knife thru hell and back and it works as well as day one.

And now if you want to go for something cheaper I would try either CRKT M16 series or Spyderco Delica (smaller blade). If your primary work environment is water and you want a knife that wont rust and works everytime try SPydercos FRN.