Originally Posted By: MrEarp
Nice Kit..

- One thing I do to save on weight is keep 2 bag's in the trunk. One with my normal kit that has the basics and a support kit that has all the extras. Generally our sar missions don't get us more then 1 / 2 miles from a road. But I've had missions go extended times. Or dunk myself in water.

Darn good words that! First SAR was in December in Northern Oklahoma inside city limits (very small town). I was home for Christmas leave and was on a ride along with a buddy from the PD. PD gave me a radio and I was using the POV. One slip on an asphalt rode edge and I was swimming in BDU's and boots. Since my POV had been sitting for months guess what didn't want to start when I got out of the water. Did I mention the radio was decidedly not waterproof. Next morning we found out the Alzheimer's patient was less than 25 yards from where I fell in. She survived in her gown and the thickest robe I have ever seen. If she was there when I went in I wish she could have loaned me the robe. It was three miles home on foot in wet clothes.

RIP OBG