I spend ALL DAY on a computer, mostly using web sites, doing a LOT of research and planning. I use the web ALL FREAKING DAY.

Since I make a living with web browsers and a laptop, I need one that WORKS all the time.

Since I do all my banking and financial management online, I also am critically aware of the security issues facing IE users.

I personally use a Mac Book Pro, I browse mostly with Firefox with a raft of plug-ins and filters, LittleSnitch runs on the computer (monitors all network connections), my firewall is ON at all times on the computer.

For the times where I simply MUST use IE, I fire up an instance of Windows XP as a virtual machine with Parallels on the Mac. I keep a "fresh install" copy of the XP virtual machine image,I copy that, run the VM from the copy, leaving the original "safe" copy alone and once I'm done with using IE for whatever reason I was forced to do it (mostly [censored] poor web coding or an insane reliance on Active-X), I delete the potentially contaminated copy of XP.

I'd sooner travel across the arctic in wet jeans and T-shirt than use IE for anything. It's a DANGEROUSLY BAD program.