Not all fleece is created equal. While I am a big fan of wool, including my lucious pendleton wool blankets, I would grab my Rivers West Fleece Artillery blanket for extreme outdoor use before I would grab anything. See for yourself why here:

http://www.riverswest.com/

Windproof, waterproof, light weight, gauranteed, extremely durable. Yes, you can melt a hole in it if you aren't careful. Yes, if you use a knife and try real hard you can cut it or poke a hole in it. I have destroyed wool blankets as well. Their product isn't cheap, but it is the best you will find out there, and the bottom line is it will work under the worst of conditions, as intended. I know, because I've put it through it's paces, and I will still recommend it over any wool blanket out there for extreme use. It does what wool cannot.

That said, if you choose to go with a wool blanket, I would not fault you for your decision. I've used wool blankets many moons before I got my hands on the Rivers West stuff, and it worked fine, as long as I used it within it's limitations. Wet wool will not keep you warm, but it will be better than nothing. There's no such thing as wet Rivers West Fleece, unless you put a hole in it, and even then it won't saturate, only leak a little until you patch it.

I guess it depends on how much reliance you would put in what you intend to stock. If you life depends on it, then the Rivers West Fleece is the best bet. If you can accomodate limitations of use, then go with the wool. If you can afford the cost and the bulk, then get both.

There's fleece, then there's laminated fleece, and Rivers West still has the best stuff out there. While you're at it, you might look at buying a fleece outfit to don in case of having to ambulate under the worst of conditions, etc. If the blanket's a good idea, then pants and a coat made of the same material are going to be even better. I have such a setup that I use for hunting coyotes in January and February up in the Colorado Rockies, with the blanket as a ground cloth in wet snow, and I can't imagine a better setup for beating the cold.