Originally Posted By: Eugene
Originally Posted By: aloha

My wife summed it up by saying, "I am glad we aren't out camping this weekend!" Yeah, I concur.

What, thats the best time. You want to thoroughly test your gear under conditions which you may need to use it smile

We camped in October and had 4 1/2 inches of rain in 40 hours. That was enough of a rain test for our gear. If we tested our camping gear in this current rain, we would have needed a boat. If you know of any tent that will keep you dry in this, I'd like to know about it. Maybe a hammock strung high enough might work, but it wouldn't be too fun.

Discretion is very important too. Without it, testing can turn into a survival and rescue situation. blush My discretion said keeping the family home and coming home early myself was the way to go. As far as testing goes, our roof held up fine. The location of our property was good. We are not in a flood zone and our drainage kept inside our house dry. It was a little humid at times because we had to be pretty shut in to keep the wind from blowing rain in.