Greetings to all,

As always, and like most of you, I am always adapting to changes in life and work.

Almost every month, I am driving a rental car 800-1000 miles to work and back. That means that I am driving for up to 18 hours, in winter, with very little "Emergency Equipment". I don't consider this to be wise.

I always have my EDC with me and I started collecting various little things along each journey. Things such as restaurant napkins, a plastic spork, condiments, a couple of bottled waters, etc. All of which is INSUFFICIENT for any survival situation during the winter.

A PSK (Personal Survival Kit) was too little equipment and a BoB was too much to carry around. A fellow ETS'er, (SBRAIDER) mentioned that he calls his PSK (Personal SUPPORT Kit). The Personal Support Kit, to my understanding is somewhere between a normal PSK and a BoB.

So far, and I'm quoting from memory, I've included the following in my Personal SUPPORT Kit:

Food: Beef Jerky and DATREX rations, (I am going to include a Claxton's Fruitcake shortly), restaurant condiments,

Water: an empty 1 liter water jug, water purification tablets, (I still pick up some bottled water as I drive along)

Shelter: 55gal trash bag, (I'm getting a fleece blanket), (I'm adding spare dry socks), Space blanket, Touque, insulated hunter's gloves

Warmth: Magnesium Firestarter, 2 Bic lighters, strike anywhere matches, 2 chemical hand-warmers, 4 Trioxane, dryer lint

Other: Signal Mirror, Whistle, compass, road maps, basic FAK, travel pack of Wet Ones, cord/shoestrings, 2 pocket knives, bug wipes, toilet paper, 50ft of paracord, Coughlin's "Survival Kit-in-a-Can"

Signals: Photon light, red laser