Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Interesting crash. Be fun doing the diagram for that one. Great job on your part. Kinda exciting, huh???

Yeah, another reason I am glad I don't do that full time any more. Of course, they use surveyor's equipment now as opposed to that tiny cheap measuring wheel that bounces more than it rolls. It had been a long time since I lost my lunch at something like that. (since the OKC bombing) Lunch was much better the first time. Accident scenes and spicy tex-mex just don't go well together.

The one thing I have never been able to wrap my mind around is why when the blood and gore is splattered everywhere, I usually am not bothered, but just let the discovery health channel come on and I am done.

The only thing this one lacked was fire. I was amazed the gas tank did not fail catastrophically. I just knew there was going to be a fire, but thank god no fire. Son is doing well, we have talked about it at length. May just have to make a USAF PJ out of him yet.

OBG,

I already knew this, but this incident refreshed my memory. An F350 and a 40 foot 5th wheel with 50 gallons of fuel and 100 gallons of fresh water plus all the stuff in it takes a LONG time to stop. Don't forget that next time you hit the road.

Edited by Desperado (12/02/08 11:22 PM)

RIP OBG