Ninja rolls into discussion.
I went on a Audoban Society walk yesterday.
I kept thinking of an old anecdote about Walt Disney. Whenever he visited the studios, people would whisper 'Man in the forest' to alert fellow employees of his presence.
I was dressed in vintage tweeds( it does get cold here)and one wag asked if I was fond of J.R.R. Tolkien? I replied I was a C.S. Lewis man myself and couldn't wait for the new movie's premier.
The group looked like a Rambo convention with a few Power Rangers and one Buckskinner thrown in, all with 75 lb daypacks.
In between sneezing from 3 distinct colognes, I observed HOW CLEAN the clothing was and how those brighteners would flare up in the superior vision of many wild animals.
I was dawdling as usual, ignoring the march or die regimen of our Rosie O'Donnellesq group leader.But hey, I had my PSK and a wrapped fruitcake and full bottle of Perier) I was bent over looking at a native plant I haven't seen in years when there were shrieks and the sound of crashing.
5 deer came bounding down.
They paused right next to me, making like an ENT ( I did read LOTR)with my hand frozen on my custom survival hiking staff
( it has a wood spirit's beard smiling face carved on the top for good mojo.)Then they walked cautiously on, close enough I could have touched every one.
I added to my lifetime bird talley; a few dozen more LGBs( binomial nomenclature little,grey birdies.)
You want quiet? wool,with the BAAAA carded out.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (12/02/08 02:10 AM)