Originally Posted By: MDinana
Desperado-
As a "bambulance" driver at one time myself... he should have restocked you. Call the company and complain to the shift manager. I've been refilled a few different times when I helped out first. Also, it's probably appropriate to complain about the patient care - Cspine, tourniquet removal, etc. You might be within rights to call the state EMS agency and reporting him.

Second... I35 is nasty. PLEASE make sure you know what's going on when you stop on the freeway - vehicle positioning, safety warnings, don't get nailed by some yahoo on a cell phone. I've wiped out there myself once.

For bulk, I always just run to Galls, but you can probably just google "EMS supplies" or something similar, as Galls can be pricey. Bulk 4x4s are dirt cheap, abd pads are pretty cheap too. Of course, any friends in a FD or hospital help too. Sometimes, Sportsmans Guide has some first aid supplies for cheap.

Well I decided to contact the county the accident happened in to determine who to discuss this issue with.

After a lengthy run around, I found someone who was in a position of responsibility.

Turns out this was a "manpower issue" for the EMS company. The individual that made most (not all) of the grievous errors was indeed only supposed to drive the bus. He will soon be undergoing EMT1 training, but the company is way understaffed, and they sent him to help. Had the scene not been such a mess, the two trained EMS folks would not have lost track of him the way they did.

As far as the restock I just let it go. They offered to let me stop by next time I was in that area and they would help me out, but we only go that way occasionally so not worth it.

Obviously, the restock was not such a big deal as the untrained young man was.

I really don't think him removing the tourniquet was cause for the end result on that individual anyway. His outcome was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Thanks for the ideas about calling the state and the company involved.

RIP OBG