Quote:
How about sharing the broken wrist/thumb story (if you are allowed to) we promise to learn from your experience and not laugh.

Nothing interesting dude.

I was setteled into the new house and decided to lower northern Ontarios deer population one weekend. After getting a nice deer, dressing it, quartering it and strapping it down on the front rack of my ATV I was heading back to my truck when the front wheel caught a nice culvert that collapsed catching the wheel in the rut.
I wasen't going that fast but the sudden stop propelled me out superman style. The way I had my hands on the bars caused my wrist to snap, I am not sure but the fingers may have been the result of the interesting landing. fortunately the Quad didn't flip or it could have been ugly.

It was a short but interesting flight over the handle bars of the ATV. The only reflex action I could manage was to grab what I could during the flight(which was the quartered deer)

As I lay on the ground feeling the bones of my arm grinding together and buried under deer meat I was really greatful that I was alone, as I am sure it looked funny as hell. As I lay there looking into the eyes of the deers severed head a few feet away I could swear it was smiling.

Lessons learned - # 1 be prepared to do first aid on yourself.
# 2 strap deer to AFV in more secure fashion