I was age 16

Oklahoma Highway Patrol ride along. (Dating the troopers daughter in high school)

Multi-Vehicle collision. 45 miles from NOWHERE, but with witnesses. Driver and passenger of 18 Wheeler hauling gasoline trapped in cab. Yep you guessed it, tanker burning and they were both totally cognizant of impending doom. Driver screamed to trooper to please help but couldn't even get close.

Driver and passenger (husband/wife team) begged to be put out of their misery, but witnesses and all trooper could not do it.

Trooper warned me not to try getting the shotgun, because it wouldn't end well for me. I still really think he would have shot me. We could hear the volunteer FD sirens on the way.

I really still can hear their screams, and smell that smell. One of the few smells that have a taste.

Less than a year later, same trooper and I happened onto an accident. Driver DRT. Car fully involved in flame. Burning child crawling out. DOA on scene.

I really hope the potential money saved on cheap gas / containers is worth the risk.

I'm Done

RIP OBG