In the spirit of the original post, I have a 410/45lc (H&R Survivor) with removable choke, a 410/22lr (M6 Scout), and a 45lc single action revolver (Beretta Stampede) as my basic bug out armament. My wife has a 22lr single six as hers and likes to carry the M6 because it's "cute". Plus the scoped 22 helps her in hitting the target more consistently.

So redundancy in ammo for all. And picked to be as simple as possible for maintenance and repair.

I replaced the original H&R stock with the ATI stock,foreend and heatshield and it gives it an AR15 look from a distance, with your eyes squinted and slight astigmatism thrown in. Plus the adjustable stock allows my wife to use it comfortably.

All varmint/snake/small critter guns, all single shot (except if you're really fast with the M6, but accuracy would suffer, and it does enough without any extra help).

Ammo runs the gamut, from snake shot to cowboy loads to high velocity, shot big samples of each, and accuracy varies as noted by others, but I weeded out the rounds that were way off and now stick with the tried and true....

Benjammin, I think you hit the mark (pun intended), marksmanship is key, rather than volume.