Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
Originally Posted By: Eugene
before I sent my old truck off to the junk yard I was thinking of cutting the frame off to make a truck bed trailer. I wondered about keeping he gas tank for a 20 gallon gas storage contriner. Seems like it would be the safest place.

Maybe. Remember that the gas tank in a vehicle is designed to be in a vehicle - surrounded by metal and the frame.

If you'd like, I can PM you some images of burn victims from people messing with improvised gasoline storage. It's worth the money to buy a proper gas can or at least a metal 55 gallon drum.

Just post the pictures. I fear that not enough of the folks have seen these kinds of things in real life. Obviously some have, and some need to. It is amazing how the sight, sounds and smell of just one burn victim will adjust someone's cavalier attitude toward the handling and storage of dangerous substances.

Maybe by posting one or two, you can make a difference. Now if only you could post the sounds and smells.

Folks, I don't even store fuels at my home in the main structure. It just isn't worth the risk. As I said before, There are a thousand ways to die, don't let stupid be the one that gets ya'. PLEASE

Edited by Desperado (11/18/08 10:04 PM)

RIP OBG