Yep, the SA Ruger is a bit more tolerant than the DA Smith I reckon. Fewer parts to deal with on the SA cylinder, whereas you have the ejector system on the K-22 plus the cylinder in the Ruger doesn't swing out. The cylinder to frame gap at the back end of the SA away from battery is also a bit wider on the Ruger, allowing for the cylinder rotation to compress the cartridge into the chamber at battery when the hammer gets pulled back. The hammer pull becomes increasingly stiffer, but has to be better than trying to force the cylinder back into the frame with a bunch of slightly protruding cartridges. I suspect eventually the Ruger would jam up with wax and gunk as well if I kept going with that junk ammo. But for a while it would do it's job where the others would have to be tore down and reamed out. I believe the junk ammo was a couple cheap bricks of PMC LRN 40 grain standard vel. The bullets themselves are wax lube coated, and as the chamber heats up, that wax is going to come off and deposit itself inside, and at the worst place too.

Most 22 lr ammo isn't that expensive that you couldn't go with something better than the bottom of the barrel stuff. Use good jacketed ammo from a mainstream mfr, and practice marksmanship rather than spraying and you will enjoy it more in the long run I reckon.