1. It's illegal to put gasoline in anything that's not a GAS CONTAINER.

2. As a firefighter, I can assure you that if there's a fire and I see a rack of what I think is bleach - and it turns out to be gasoline - there will be hell to pay in court for you, your homeowner's insurance won't talk to you and you'll be paying fines until the numbers wear off your credit cards.

3. If you must store gasoline, you need to do it in a safe manner. Up to about 20 gallons in 5 gallon containers intended for gasoline is allowed where I live, if stored away from any occupied structure.

In your area, the legality in your area of storing more than 5 gallons of gas without a permit or special tanks is unknown to me, it might not be permitted. In New York City FC2204.4.1.1 requires that portable containers storing gasoline and diesel fuel not be greater than 2½ gallons in capacity. FC2204.4.1 prohibits the dispensing of liquid motor fuels into containers that do not have a tight closure with a screw-type or spring loaded cover. There are more rules than that. Each location is different.

You might want to look into transfer tanks.

4. Use a fuel stabilizer and you can use your stored gas up to 6 months after purchase, if kept tightly sealed.

5. Small engines are more picky about gas quality than most vehicles. I routinely use older/questionable gas in my Jeep with no problem, just don't let the sludge at the bottom of the can get into the tank or you'll be replacing a fuel filter before you know it.

Storing fuels is one of those topics that comes up here several times a year, and all I can say is that I've seen what a shed fire looks like with 100 gallons of gas in it, and you don't want that to happen.