This is not intended as an attack, so please do not take it that way.

I always have told my soldiers, employees and children the following:

"There are thousands of ways to die out there, just don't let stupid be one of them."

What I have always meant by that is pay attention. If someone says use special containers for combustibles, it didn't happen because they were thinking ahead. Rather, it is because someone blew/burned their butt to pieces in the past.

Remember, safety rules are created AFTER the need for them has arisen. Usually right after the funeral.

Also do ya really think storing a miniscule amount of cheap fuel is going to make up for the cost of the containers.

One last thing, I have to have a permit to store my 5th wheel travel trailer in my own shop inside city limits because it has 50 gal. on board fuel for gen set and fuel station. I also had to agree to store it completely full to reduce vapor explosion risk in event of fire.

While I agree times are tight,(I just added 50gal AUX Diesel tank to my truck to get cheap fuel and get to move farther between stops) I just don't see the benefit outweighing the risk inside a home.

RIP OBG