Quote:
Spenda is not a sugar, its chemical name is 1,6-Dichloro-1,6-dideoxy-a lpha-D-fructofuranosyl-4-chloro-4-deoxy-a lpha-D-galactopyranoside

Spenda, is in fact a chlorinated hydrocarbon and in the organic chemistry sense is more closely related to a group of toxic compounds used mainly as refrigerants, industrial solvents, and dry cleaning fluids, i.e PCBs and formerly as anesthetics rather than simple carbohydrates.

Oh no, big scary sounding chemicals names! They must be toxic! Run! Save yourselves! α-D-glucopyranosyl-(1↔2)-β-D-fructofuranoside will kill you. 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione was found in orange juice! Millions will overdose on(S)-2-Amino-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-propanoic acid in two weeks!

Oh wait, α-D-glucopyranosyl-(1↔2)-β-D-fructofuranoside is just the chemical name for sucrose, one of the many sugars out there. Personally I'm glad orange juice has vitamin C. Mmmm, Thanksgiving turkeys are loaded with the amino acid tyrosine...

Splenda is just a sucrose (sugar!) molecule with three chlorine atoms replacing three hydroxyl radicals. Saying it is closer to PCB's than sugar is either dishonest or ignorant science. It's like saying a car and a telephone booth are identical because they both contain glass panels.
PCB, refridgerants and other chlorinated solvents have completely different molecular structures than sugar.

Am_Fear, this isn't a personal attack against you. I'm just sick of people being scared by science.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.