Originally Posted By: benjammin

The lightbulb pops on...

Given how well certain other businesses are doing selling sugar based pastries and confections, and the apparent lack of market support for sugar free or no sugar added products, perhaps someone of resource might consider marketing said products. Imagine, a donut that is as good as a Crispy Creme, yet little to no sugar. Okay, you'd still have to inject it full of fat, but then you have Big Ben's squirrel donuts again, so I'd just have to switch to lard instead of canola oil to low temp fry my essentially sugar free donuts in.

I've asked this question too... just never really cared to figure the answer. Like, for instance, all those "healthy" options in the hospital cafeteria - fried, full of sugar, etc. Bakeries.. why are they even using sugar anymore?? American obesity is so rampant, you think they'd just switch over and not say anything... or sam something and get more business!

If you pursue it Benjamin, best of luck! I'll be happy to eat any horrible mistakes, in the bakery department.