Well hopefully this isn't too far off the track, if it is just jump back into the flow of the thread, but comparing Les and Bears shows, of which I watch both, made me think of Josh Bernstein.

If Les is the true outdoorsman and Bear the happy extremist, then Josh is certainly the bonafide adventurer, running a Outdoor living School, (BOSS) and being a member of the Explorers club.

While his shows are not in the same vein as Les and Bear, I want to compare his two shows like I think is being done in this thread. His first series on The History Channel, "Digging for the Truth", I thought was brilliant. His current show on Discovery "Into the Unknown with Josh Bernstein", not so much. Same guy. Almost the same shows with the current series having less archaeological bend to it. However I think the current show is not as good. Its missing something.

My point is that Les and Bear have different shows. I like them both. But it appeals to different extremes in the outdoor world and what we all enjoy is the overlap stuff in the middle.