Well here it is, my canteen kit, so far:

It is a modified Maxpedition M-4 Waistpack: HERE

I removed the side pouch covers, as they were velcro. I much prefer the buckles, so I put them and the straps on.
I have Malice clips on the back.

Contents:
Bandana, Millbank Bag with paracord to suspend with, 1 liter Aqua Pouch, Polar Pure, Wooden Spoon, Aqua Mira chlorine dioxide tablets, 8 feet of plastic tubing, several twist ties to assist keeping tubing straight with a stick when reaching otherwise inaccessible water sources, Bic lighter, trioxane fuel, paracord length for tiedown to pouch, heavy duty aluminum foil, canteen, cup, and stove.

The only other addition I haven't worked out quite yet is a large sheet of plastic for solar distillation. I might just tie it onto the bottom wrapped inside another bandana for some meager protection. After I do that, I think it will be ready to go.

Another consideration is a small filter such as the Aqua Mira Frontier Pro: HERE
I'm not exactly sure how I will fit this in if I do get it. Perhaps a long thin pouch that goes underneath and holds it horizontally.

I have tried to design this kit for water acquisition, treatment, and carry in as many potential situations as possible.

Any comments, suggestions, etc., will be greatly appreciated.