I have used www.nitropak.com, a bit pricey but always new product.

I have Mountain House Freeze Dried from them, the Security Pack which is about a 22 day supply, for 2 people, of 1500-1600 calorie per day meals with side dishes, pilot crackers, fruits, rice, peach drink, etc.

Some of the entrees and other items were different on their website than what I recieved, probably because of demand.

I also have their Starter Pack unit for extreme bugout (no time to load up, just grab a box and a water carrier). It would probably last 5 days for 2.

If I recall, after opening each box and confirming contents and container integrity, there was a plastic lid on every other container. So as I use up #10 cans, I'll have more lids, but since it keeps, opened, for about 3 weeks, I can switch entrees and sides right up until the end of the 30ish days and probably beyond if stored well, with some quality and caloric loss presumably.

And yep, I have other food sources, this is indeed to augment, and to share with the unprepared (along with MRE's, bags of rice and beans, canned everything, etc).

FYI, I calculated, by reading each can's label, that it would take about 25 gallons of water to reconstitute these meals, for the Security and the Starter Packs combined. The Peach drink takes up about 6-8 gallons itself, so if just food, about 18 gallons.

I labeled each box with the date recieved, presumed 25 year expiration date, amount of water per box needed, and a large print description (lunch, fruit, etc.)to further augment the factory's label. It takes up about a 3'x3' space in my garage.