So after a little motorbike incident in Chiang Mai, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Thailand right now recovering from some wounds. Road rash hurts, but what hurts even more is changing the dressings everyday because the gauze get stuck to the wound, and peeling it off just causes it to be exposed again.

However, right after the incident I was in one of their pharmacies (basically a really, really tiny drugstore) and they gave me this thing I've never seen before. It's called URGO Techology Lipido-Colloid, and it's feels like this 4x4 teflon like patch that you apply under the dressings. It prevents the gauze from sticking when you undo the dressing. If anyone knows where to get this stuff in the US, I highly recommend to keep it in a first aid kit. Unfortunately I only bought a few pieces, but I'm thinking I might buy a couple boxes of this stuff to bring back.

Anyway, one thing I learned (aside from being more careful on a motorbike) is that I really need to carry a lot more gauze and first aid tape. Luckily I was carrying two first aid kits (my normal, and my hiking one), so between those two and all the bandages I was mostly able to patch myself up on the side of the road