Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: unimogbert
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Another thing you might want to keep in mind is....each time you check your credit? Your score goes down 15-30 points. Often as far as "credit" goes the more checks someone has that means they might be trying to buy a lot of stuff. That's why you should NEVER EVER shop at mulitiple car dealerships for a car. Each time you go in they check your credit and by the time you find a car you like at the fourth or fifth lot...your scores down 100 points for the next year.

Perhaps you really mean "Don't fill out credit applications at multiple dealerships?"

Pay cash. It drives them crazy.

All this consumer credit behavior is people agreeing to be sharecroppers. They work while the CC company gets a share of the harvest.

No, no. I mean if you go to multiple lots and tell them you're interested in a car, each place runs a credit check on you. Most places don't even let you test drive the car without a credit check, insurance check and a call to the DMV and your 10th cousins best friend's girlfriends nephew's neighbor for a reference. In the end by the time you go to the final dealership, or whichever one you decide to go to buy from your credit rating sucks. The more "checks" that are done the lower your credit goes because it operates on the system that if you're getting checked often then you are making large purchases and might be a risk. It happen to me when I went to buy my car.

When I was living in Indiana a few years back 99-01 (there abouts), I was in need of a new car and didn't have to do anything to get a test drive. Went to several dealerships and ended up with an olds (yeah yeah... old man's car - but great for commuting!) mainly cause of customer service. I must of test drove 12 cars over the course of the weekend and most time alone till settled on the alero. Took all the cars on the highway for 20 mins since I was going to clock alot of hours on the road then.

Even had the same place do the service on the car for a few years... even if I wasn't living in the same city. I would try to schedule some time in that area. They took very good care of me.