6 looks great to me and was not available when I purchased mine but... I think it's bit too big and expensive. For that amount of money and size I would rather get a dedicated knife such as Spyderco Assist. Don't get me wrong I understand the application of a bigger tool such as leverage and grip but in my case it is irrevalant. I would still stick with basic 5 model with soft pouch instead of hard sheat. I want something small and accesible on the outside. Having a hard sheat it's nice because it makes a tool smaller but than you have to carry the hook on your neck or in your pocket. If rescue turns bloody last thing I want to do is dig inside my uniform to get it out. Having a small nylon case attached to my rescue belt outside of my uniform puts the hook at my finger tips. Even if the case gets bloody I can wash it and I be sure that it's clean instead of trying to flush all the pathogens out of a hard sheat. That's just my opinion. In this case simpler is better. Maybe someday I will buy a hard sheat for a hook when I go on the road but I think my rescue knife is good for it for now. Hope that helps,

Matt