Learnmore
It has been a long while since I have posted here.
I live twenty miles south of Grand Rapids and to reitterate what Mr.Earp said the unemployment rate for Michigan is 9%.At the end of this year a major automotive plant will be closing.This will leave 1500 people unemployed.
But not to deter you G.R.is a nice place with a good art community and great concert and sports venues.The local HOCKEY team is the Griffins.They are the farm team for the REDWINGS.
Their are several colleges in the area.Grand Rapids Community College is the 2nd oldest community college in the nation.G.R. also hosts three very fine museums.
Michigan can also be a sportsmans paradise.Fishing can be had year round(if you don't mind ice fishing)and hunting can be superb.Deer,black bear,beaver,turkey,and many other species are found here(even in G.R.itself).
Please feel free to PM me also if you wish.I have been in the area for ten plus years and i may be of some help.
And to you Mr.Earp you may also feel free to PM me.Since we are practicly neighbors it would be nice to know of other like minded(prepared)people in the area.