I've handled one of the older ones. Wasn't convinced. Not a fan of holes in knife blades, even less so in axes, so the wrench is a down check for me. It's light for an axe, to me it felt more like an ulu dressing up and trying to be an axe head. In either case, I found the grip clumsy, which made it more risky to use than a normal knife. The arrow launching thing, IMO, is gimicky. The inclinometer is something who's use I just kinda wonder about, and the spindle is worthless to me. I've been trying to make a bow drill work for about 20 years- notice I say trying. :P

I've tried the Tracker. Wasn't convinced there, either. It felt like an itty bitty hatchet, but with a draw knife for a shaft, so you can't really choke up on it for fine work, and made it harder than I would have liked for using the saw. And the finger grips are in the wrong spot for my hand size, but my small hands have the same problem with a lot of finger grooves.

The other problem is the cost. A nice hatchet can be had for less than $60. A good 4"-7" knife runs under $70. And a Vic Huntsman with a pair of small pliers or a decent multi with a saw (eg LM Juice Cs4) goes around 40-45. So for less than the cost of an Atax or Tracker, I've got better tools that actually do their job well, as well as a couple of screw drivers for fixing my gear, a pair of scissors, pliers, and a back up knife blade or two. Yes, it is a little heavier, but it also means that if Miss Fortune steals ONE of your tools, you aren't out everything. And if you need to replace it, you aren't on a months long waiting list.

And with the $20-30 I've saved, I'll add a ferro rod, a spool of dental floss, a few fishhooks and sewing needles, a bit of wire, a whistle, some aluminum foil, a vial of cotton balls and a heatsheet. Of course, I could spend $20 on a Mora, and add a flashlight, mirror, duct tape, a water bottle, and a vial of PA tabs. *grins* Which one is a better usage of $200 dollars?

BTW, welcome to ETS, I'm the same Ironraven you've seen in other places.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.