In the dark corners of the survival/knife community there is argument Tom Brown did not design the Tracker.I'll leave that issue to anyone who wants to dive into the rusty archives of the various knife websites.
I cannot understand paying 3 figures for anything needing A.an instruction manual and B. a complete reprofiling of the blades to useable sharpness.the knife is one of our oldest tools. It cuts and pokes holes in things. I am marketing a new wheel.The accompanying video will demonstrate which section rolls.

Most of the internet history of survival/outdoor knife threads can be easilly distilled:

Ethnic blades; Nepalese Kukhris, Golok/Parang southeast asian knives, south American machetes, Inuit ulus. These are invariably matched against our own European traditional tools of

The Axe/belt knife and subsets of small utility pocket knife/saw.When people rediscovered Nessmuck/Rumford and other earlier outdoor writers this combo put food on many a knifemaker's table and more photos in forums. It's appeal is counter to the

Death from above/behind/below 1/4" thick, epoxy low visibility ( and production cost)paracord handle ( add $10)chop till you drop tactical ( as opposd to strategic) genre. This has some shared DNA with

The hollowhandle, sawback RAMBO knife,the earlier version being the Randall designed by AN ASTRONAUT, taught survival by an airman.

the list would be incomplete without the MacGuyver SWISS ARMY Knife, a piece favoured by skiers, ultralight hikers and climbers and others for who nature is often as much another accessory to the sport than the reality that sometimes inconveniently intrudes.

We also have hte 'Bushcraft knife' with it's obligatory and minimalist sheath attached firesteel.

All of these groups, and others unlisted reflect as much our mental template and scripted outdoor experineces.The happy chance that most work reasonably well is as much to the credit of other kit; sleeping bags, a can of SPAM or a PLB.

My next survival blade is going to be a Laguile with corkscrew, ebony handle, bee and filework and riveted cross. I've been on a wine and cheese binge lately. fallknivens are lousy decorkers and cheese cutters. I'm shocked the online community hasn't addressed this vital category before!