I guess I need to look into how I should best store them, but I have collected a number of different types of heirloom seeds.

I've looked to try to have enough to grow a garden that will provide a decent amount of food for DW and myself and have some seeds left over. If a crop entirely fails, then I'd have something to try again next year.

I wouldn't expect every crop to fail, in any given year, but if all of the butternut squash or spinach fail in one year, then I can try again next year with those crops. But if everyone did, and I could survive for a year, then I should still have something. I'd probably trade away seeds in the meantime for food, but only if the zombies did not get me.

I'd like to have enough seeds to grow crops for two years for us even with some total failures. It'll be easier to have when we have finished our house, which is still undergoing renovation. Next spring, I should be able to try to grow something.

If I learn to harvest seeds from one years crop to plant the next, well, then I guess I'd have a chance to support us indefinitely, in case of TEOTWAWKI or an attack of zombies.