Quote:
Unless you're in a special secured building, at first thought, requiring a card key to exit--particularly in the case of fire--would seem to violate all kinds of fire codes. And you say that these two doors are the only exits for you?

Yup, that's pretty much the case. It is a fairly high security place. By the way, I have thought much about prybars. the reason why I opted for a tire iron (one of the all-steel, flat versions) is that it gets far less attention than anything resembling a crowbar. That would be a big no-no in my situation. So I basically need something small and inobtrusive that could get me through a stuck door in an emergency. Yup, I'd rather have a demolition charge and a 4' wrecking bar but... eek So all things considered I can only really pick between something like a tire iron or a big screwdriver.

Thanks for all the other suggestions! In fact, I do keep many of those at hand already (medicine, pen, rain gear..). Looks like I EDC more useful stuff than I'm aware of. laugh