Different strokes for different folks.

I would carry at least what I normally keep in my pockets; Leatherman, mini-Bic, compact flashlight, and a few other odds and ends. I would make sure I had clothing to cover contingencies. A light windproof water-resistant jacket with a warm weatherproof hat and light gloves in the pocket, LS shirt, sturdy pants and boots. They can be selected to blend with your normal business outfit.

Given just that much and a few skills a person could do quite well for themselves.

I don't see any need to stick out by packing a separate PSK. Blending in and accepting the situation handed to you is often better policy. Depends on what sort of business trip it is. A working trip hammering out details of a project is not about roughing it. On the other side 'teamwork and motivation' camps are. Either way if you show up like Joe survivalist and whip out a bunch of supplies and screw on your best rugged individualist pose your going to lose points.

Most of those mountain retreats are not really so much in real wilderness. For logistical reasons most are near a major road and some sort on habitation. Trick is to get a map and get the lay of the land before hand so your not guessing. Google maps is usually a good start.