CityBoyGoneCountry,
You don’t by chance work for the Washington Post by chance? Because you seem to use the same logic and “common sense” I find in their publication.

What was the point of your initial post? Jeff started this thread to ask a simple question. To paraphrase that question, how I interpreted it was “How can I help support Equipped to Survive (by spending money where it supports the Foundation)? (Jeff, please correct me if I am wrong.) Doug answered his question pretty directly without any of your so called marketing BS. In fact, I think you will have a very difficult time finding any BS from Doug, marketing or otherwise.

I may be wrong, but your initial post seems to be a direct attack of Doug and ETS. In a Later post you clearly attack Red Flare and then ETS for allowing them to advertise in the Marketplace. Using a pretty standard space blanket that Red Flare is selling as a example why that company is SO evil, and thus ETS by association… of so you would like us to believe. It doesn’t matter that one could pretty much get everything they need to build a good survival kit from Red Flare alone, including some the outstanding Katadyn water filtration/purification products (whose products Doug choose to include in the kits he builds as well).

You bring up the point of this forum is SURVIVAL, and you are absolutely right! That is the whole point of Equipped to Survive. In fact, you can find ETS’ mission stated very clearly here:
Quote:
Equipped To Survive Foundation is dedicated to saving lives by:
1. Raising awareness of potential survival emergencies
2. Promoting preparedness as the key to surviving life-threatening circumstances
3. Performing research and offering objective information to allow intelligent selection of effective survival and emergency preparedness equipment and supplies
4. Providing education in practical survival and emergency preparedness techniques and procedures
5. Encouraging development of new and improved survival and emergency preparedness equipment, supplies and techniques

Doug spends quite a bit of time on that mission, more than most of the people who visit his site and forum could even imagine. His dedication to the Mission of ETS is unbelievable; I know people have been saved because of his work. What have you done? Have you done anything to even support ETS and the work that the foundation (and by that I really mean Doug) has done? Or have all you done is come on the forum ETS provides and post negative, ill informed comment?
I am lucky to have the privilege of calling Doug my friend, and being allowed to help the Foundation directly. This has given me the opportunity to see firsthand how much Doug puts into the Foundation. That work alone will not keep ETS alive, support for others and money are needed as well. Have you noticed that the only products that are advertised on the ETS website are Doug’s and that a portion of the sales of every products he has designed goes to support ETS?

I guess my real question is, since you figured you were going to get banned for posting this, why did you? If you want off the forum that bad, you know you can just leave.

To Nicodemus and the others… Thanks!

Edited by Alan_Romania (10/11/08 05:27 AM)