Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
You know what I found at that Red Flare website? Those cheap "survival blankets" that are hated by everyone who has ever actually tried to use one. Why is that kind of crap being advertised on ETS? Because making money is more important than someone else's life.

What is wrong with selling a product specifically recommended by someone as well respected as Cody Lundin?

I suspect most readers here will agree with your basic premise - that the quality of survival gear is important.

If you're are trying to find fault with Doug Ritter for using the ETS Foundation and its web site to advertise products that he has worked to develop in order to help fund the ETS Foundation, I couldn't disagree more. Those products are uniquely developed with input based upon Doug's vast knowledge and experience to provide unique and high-quality products that are simply not available from other providers. While Doug recommends his products, his Gear section also recommends many competitive products. That section and other reviews on Equipped.org are packed with reviews and specific recommendations of products that have nothing to do with Doug or the ETS Foundation. Doug provides truely independent reviews. To suggest otherwise is simply obsurd.

If you are saying that Doug's motives put profit over the published objectives of the ETS Foundation, that is just plain wrong, and verges on liable.