Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
Survival is too important for marketing BS. My concern, first and foremost, is my life. If a company not associated with this website has what I need, at a good price, then that's who I'm going to buy from. By the same token, I'm not going to buy something based solely on its endorsement by this website.

This part goes without saying. Nobody is going to tell you to buy the Foundation's knife when there is a better knife at a better price somewhere else. ETS has to be competitive with its product offerings and provide true value.

Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
This is SURVIVAL we're talking about. If you want to make a buck off it, fine. But if making a buck is your primary concern, then your advice is about as useless as an infomercial.

Making a buck is extremely important to any *company* who is in the survival *business*. I think that many of these companies are more concerned about quality than price, and if you had dinner with doug and saw how he talks about his stuff... you'd see that quality is more important to him than "a buck". I'm sure this is also true for other companies like Redflare.

I believe you are trying to say that products have to have a real value. Quality and price have to be proportionate. Greed is bad.

Once again, everyone would agree with you if you said it that way. But I doubt many people would agree with that statement as it rests.

I think your thoughts are valuable. They are part of the check and balance of commerce. But the way you said it could have been a bit less "charged".

That being said, I don't want this site to turn into an unbalanced gear dog and pony show either... Survival is preparedness, knowledge, skill, wits, and luck. Gear is just a part of preparedness, and sometimes it gets more press than the others combined.