Originally Posted By: KenK
Flashlightreviews.com really liked them both, giving the EOS 5 stars and the Tikka XP 4.5 stars. The lower rating is because the Tikka XP is not regulated. They also rated the Princeton Tec Apex with 5 stars, but that is bigger with a battery pack that rides at the back of the head - not my preference.

If it matters to you, the EOS can use lithium batteries, but the Tikka XP cannot.

Ken K.

I use a Princeton Tec Apex Pro (the 4 AA cell variety) a LOT...and under a number of conditions. I like the lamp a lot...great light...spot to flood, low to high and flash. The only thing I and other users have seen which may be a problem is that the orange housing develops very fine cracking. That said, Princeton Tec is VERY good about replacement. I will also note that I use my Apex all the time and sometimes for hours on end. I've been using it for about 4 years and replaced it two years ago...and I'm about to send mine in again.

On the higher end side...cavers LOVE the Stenlight S7 http://www.stenlight.com/ .

Edited by yeti (10/08/08 12:17 AM)