Hi All,

My daughter completed a 2 week basic summer camp training course and I wanted to give her something to remember the accomplishment.

So I ordered her this Pink SAK Classic from Smokey Mountain Knife Works. It has a small knife blade, scissors, fingernail file/cleaner, key-ring, toothpick and tweezers, just what every teenage girl needs. Her friends thought it was "Soooo Cute"; Dad's gift is a hit (very important or it would not be carried) and I will have her packing a PSK in he purse before you know it.

Her older brother completed an 8 week Adventure Expedition Course and received this Grohman #3 CF "Jump" Knife from me, with his name and the year inscribed on it (he needed a new fixed-blade and is already a outdoor junkie). He keeps this new knife in his "Adventure Drawer" beside his bed along with the rest of his critial outdoor gear. If your present makes "The Drawer" you know your gift quest has been successful.

What is the forums opinion on giving knives to responsible kids (no taking them to school, of course)? I grew up with a knife in my pocket or on my belt from a very early age; EDC'ing a knife was normal then and I still do it now.

Mike