Our esteemed leader Doug Ritter wound up in Houston this week. Since Houston is a city better lived in than visited he was so desperate for entertainment that he contacted me. shocked Kind of odd considering he makes a living by making things safer for people.

I sent word out to my fellow Houston-area ETSers (if you didn't get a pm it was because I didn't know/forgot you were here) about a meet-and-greet for Doug this evening. Only ClarkTX, me and my DW could make it. Food was eaten, discussions were had...and upcoming DK products were displayed!

Oh my, get your wallets ready folks, there is some AWESOME stuff in the pipes. Sadly we had to swear death-oaths before he'd show them to us so I can't say any more than "I WANT! I WANT! I WANT!". Even DW, who is about as far away from being a gear freak as possible demanded several of the things as her Christmas presents this year.

This lead to talking about how Doug is able to do all this. In a nutshell, we all need to be donating more money to the ETS Foundation. Like everywhere else, the 80/20 rule applies. 20% of the people involved in this forum (actually less) keep it going. Doug is on the road over 40 weeks a year attending safety committee meetings, giving talks, and testing gear. Without Martin's and Chris's help the ETS forum would have folded a long time ago. Maybe think about that before hitting the Submit button next time you want to flame/vent. Each time you do that it weakens this board.

But I digress. After that show and tell we all brought out our EDC gear. Here we are sitting in Pappas BBQ in downtown Houston passing around handfuls of knives, flashlights, and assorted other fearsome gadgets and none of the other customers even batted an eye. One was even kind enough to take our picture. Doug, being the supper-awesome-wonderful guy that he is made sure we all left with more EDC gear than we entered, plus I got an ETS hat. SWEET!

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.