Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
Originally Posted By: benjammin

Redistribution of wealth is and has always been larceny. As I watch more and more of my earnings going toward things I would not otherwise support...

So, name a single government body - anywhere, at any time - where taxes were taken and the allocation of said taxes was 100% at the discretion of the taxpayer.

I'll wait here while you look it up.

It seems you are trying to condone the bailout and unchecked spending by saying a government be it state or federal is going to spend money in some way any given tax payer doesn’t agree with, so we should just let it go spend crazy and unchecked.

To give in and decide that we have no control at all over government and to say “the heck with it” and let them spend like a drunken sailor is a bad way to let our government do things. In a perfect world you can blindly trust the government.

In a perfect world I would have a billion dollars, a long life and wake up every morning with a hot super model that loved sex.

But on both accounts, reality is somewhat different…

The people in the ongoing flooding areas expect the government to rescue them every time, again & again. And it’s going to do it every time. This comes at a cost of an ever increasing taxes on the people.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.