At the risk of sounding a little preachy, I would like to say two things about Doug's post on "8 New Survival Kit Reviews:"
1) Thanks, Doug, for taking the time to acquire, test and evaluate all of this gear, all of these kits, and all of the little doo-dads some of us on here love so much. This is more than just a public service. Some of the information and knowledge on here might, just might, help someone save themselves when everything goes to hell in a hand basket and they find themselves in a situation they never even remotely anticipated.
2) All of this acquiring, testing and evaluation takes time - Doug's time. He's doing it because he's interested in it, he thinks it's important, and he's willing to share that knowledge. That time is worth money, which is what it costs to keep ETS up and running. So the next time you learn something in the forum or on the site, I would suggest saying "thanks!" by clicking on the "donate to the ETS Foundation" link. I've learned a lot in the few short months I've been perusing this site. That is worth something to me, and I'd hate to lose this resource, so I sent him some money. I would heartily encourage others to do the same.