What I need to do:

1. Take the dents out of the blade of my coldsteel kukri, it hit a few rocks, but otherwise love it;
2. Cut some of the branches, that I cut down with the kukri, into manageable pieces, in case their is some need for using them to keep DW and myself warm;
3. Stack the wood that I have, most of it doesn't need splitting;
4. Get some sand and other items for winter to keep in the car.

One thing I have done is to create something of a replication of our BOBs, put it into a plastic barrell, and hidden that in the yard of the house. It may or may not do me good, even if needed, as the house still is not liveable. It was gutted, currently has no interior walls and only roughed in plumbing and electrical. However, it is pretty much enclosed and would provide shelter. The stuff in the barrell is concentrated more heavily than our BOBs on providing food.

Another thing we recently did was climb Mount Washington, about 4 miles with 4,200 feet of vertical. I'm in pretty good shape, I climbed it without problem and without being very sore. I also had grabbed my BOB out of the closet and walked ten miles with it in preparation. DW had not, so the best thing about that climb was to see DW climb Mount Washington with a pack on her back. She made it, she was sore and ached, but made it. My fear about DW being able to grab her BOB and get to some area of respite is now somewhat diminshed.

We've also had a decent discussion about using the BOB and going nowhere being the first choice again.

Finally, I'm stocking up on seeds. I fear the recent economic turmoil. This fall is may not be fun, it may be wild, but in any case, next year is not going to be fun. If we have a functioning stock trading and banking system, on a level near to what we have now, we are likely to be experiencing inflation. Not having to pay for things will be big.

I'm thinking of getting my license to bow hunt, so I can take a deer. I can sit and do it in the back yard, and help reduce the over population. However, it makes no sense to do that until I think I'll have a place to store the meat.