Quote:
Can't help but wonder if the hostility, misquotes, quotes out of context, etc., isn't simply a reflection back onto the people who think that things like hurricanes are nature's way of cleaning the gene pool, that folks who go to places like Starbucks aren't as smart as those who frequent the local army surplus store, etc.

Starbucks Review smile

But seriously, I only mentioned Starbucks simply because when there are serious emergencies such as an earthquake, hurricane, global economic recession etc the Starbucks of this world will in most likelyhood not be there to give comfort and cosy re-assurance, well at least for many days or even weeks and possibly years. The convenient lifestyles that many of us lead in the developed west (1st world countries) is just the froth of the top of the cappuccino of life. Once the froth on top is gone that just leaves the coffee. You can either have your coffee hot or cold. All it means is that getting a gas camping stove for when the coffee gets cold will brighten up the day for many if only for a short period of time. wink

The learning curve will be a steep one. Complacency just means being further down at the bottom of the learning curve. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.