Hi Benman,

I agree with your approach to a point, but you do make good comments.

I have been reading all your post on the subject, digging a trench and laying in it is a lot of work and will use up a lot of water spent through sweat. Also when you lose water you lose salt. You need salt and water to survive and in one day you can lose so much salt and water in your body that it can impair your judgment and if you do not replace them it will end your survival experience. Also just lugging around 5 gallons of water at the wrong time would be the last time you lugged around anything, because it would not matter how much you drink your body will not absorbed the water without the a lot of salt. So the water will not be the only answer. One other thing during the trip one will need portable shade... Not just shade but quality shade.. Have you ever heard the story it is 110 degrees in the shade, Well if it is that hot in the shade how hot do you think it can get in the sun?

You are right food is a low priority in the desert, I have read many statements to that effect on this forum and that is correct. However People say do not take fishhooks, do not carry snare wire, do not take bullion cubes. That is great, just great, think about this if you do not have salt with you and you know for a fact that you have replace the salt your body loses or you will die. How are you going to replace it, Well my friend one way to do it is to eat meat.. I can go on here but I would like to get you comments first.