I don’t trust reporters to actually report things fairly and without a bias. I have a friend that is in a local gun club that was asked about a gun situation and the reporter seemed very nice when asking him questions. But when it got printed in the local paper it took on a very different anti gun slant. They took what he said out of context and it changed the whole thing. The asked a question and used his answer to another question to get the answer they wanted to convey.

I’m very leery of any printed story I see anymore, an uncut video is ok as you can actually see the whole line of questions, but not a newspaper.

For the most part the news media is not a friend of those that prepare for disasters and what if situations. They look at us and think wacko survivalist.

This e-mail came in about a week ago, but I have no interest in talking to, or trust of the press.

I'm an Associated Press reporter in New Orleans, working on an article about the civilian market for MREs and other long-term storage foods.

If you'd be open to an interview, please let me know when to call, and what number. My e-mail address is

janetmc@ap.org

(I checked with Doug Ritter about whether it's OK for me to make private inquiries like this. If you don't want to talk to me, that's your call. )

Janet McConnaughey
The Associated Press
1515 Poydras St., Ste 2500
New Orleans LA 70112

You can run, but you'll only die tired.