Oh the humanity.

People used to smooth six figure incomes are suffering. Bullied by poor folk who force them to the loan counter using nanny state regulations as a club the bankers and brokers had no choice but to write those loans. And now these noble practitioners of the financial arts, who were obviously forced to do such unspeakable things, are suffering:
-----------
"A lot of those people will have to sell their homes, they're going to cut back on the private jets and the vacations. They may even have to take their kids out of private school," said [Robert] Frank [of the Wall Street Journal]. "It's a total reworking of their lifestyle."

He added that it's going to be no easy task.

"It's going to be very hard psychologically for these people," Frank said. "I talked to one guy who had to give up his private jet recently. And he said of all the trials in his life, giving that up was the hardest thing he's ever done."
------------
From: http://scienceblogs.com/principles/2008/09/the_liberal_media_hastens_the.php

Sure a third of the population on the western gulf coast are hurting. And a third of the victims of Katrina are still displaced. But those are poor people. They are used to living by candlelight , waiting in line for water and eating MREs cold. That is pretty much how they live normally, right? For them it wasn't a big step down.

The people we should feel sorry for are the rich who can't afford to run the Learjet down to Cancun for a quick lunch and a tan anymore. Their children might even have to go to <gasp> public school. And how will they ever get into Harvard with that black mark on their record.

I say we set up a fund to help these people out. If everyone pitches in $100 we can get that Learjet to Cancun so their tan won't fade. Who is with me?