My bad, I thought you were gearing up for overboard in the ocean, if it's a lake then your signal group is fine. I would not recommend your kit for any ocean adventures for the signal group. I would recommend a PLB though.

Your waterproof primary lighter, I would add a small FOV with extra lighter fluid and a ferrorod. Army firesteel FOB

Shelter, I would add a GoLite Poncho Tarp, very light weigh,small and longer than normal ponchos for using it as a tarp. (it has tie down points built in) Poncho shelter

Get rid of the cord you have and go with 25 feet of military grade type IV parachute cord.

Add 1 guyotdesigns (worth there weight in gold) water bottle and put some of your smaller kits in this bottle.
This bottle will allow you to cook food, signal and boil water in it, you can store some of your kits inside it when not in use (it will be waterproof inside of the bottle) and will merge into the space some of your kits are in.
Water bottle

Some of your gear (like your first aid kit for example) is not waterproof plus in your scenario everything will be soaking wet so your first priority will be shelter and fire, so that means shedding the cloths and I would put a MSR ultra lite towel in your kit (waterproof everything of course) to dry off as quick as possible before getting into a heat bag. Time for hypothermia is critical when dealing with cold weather.

Although I haven't tried one but Doug recommend it was the Land Shark Bivy though (I'm a poncho liner man myself but you would not have the room for a military poncho liner)for use in to quickly build back body heat. NEW Military issue poncho liners!!

Hand warmer and glow stick are extra weight and can be replaced with a strobe with extra set of batteries. It will last you a lot longer and can be seen at night allot further out. (strobes at night are worth their weight in gold) If you have room for hand warmers and stick then fine but it's extra weight and space IMHO.

Although this one is big (I can't remember where I saw a smaller version of a waterproof wind up light) but you'll get the idea. Batteries will fail so you would want another source of power rather solar, wind up or what have you.
Waterproof wind uo flashlight

Other options if the ocean is involved.

Rescuestreamer

ACR Firefly 2 waterbug 200ft depth

ACR PLB

Edited by falcon5000 (09/20/08 12:38 AM)