Originally Posted By: Frankie
Just build your own. 100' of paracord. A full change of clothes, long sleeves, sturdy boots, hats and scarves even if you live in hot climate because they help isolate against radiactive fallout or chemical stuff. If this is a bug-out bag maybe add earplugs and things like that. Your Dopp kit ready if you're going to have to sleep in a public shelter. Your personal emergency contact information: adresses of area hospitals, poison center, police, your relatives and their adresses, emails and phone numbers, etc. Get your immunizations up to date. And a good knife or at least a multitool. Maybe moskito repellent. Other people will come up with what's missing and suggest improvements over their items. Like I'm sure you could do better then their First Aid kit.

Good luck.

Frankie

Looks to me like it is a good start and it covers the basics.

I think the idea here is that if you prepared enough to have a three-day kit that your smart enough to be wearing appropriate clothing and both sturdy boots and long sleeves would be covered. A spare set of socks, underwear and tee shirt would fit.

I think a multi-tool like a Leatherman Wave would be a nice addition but then again they may be assuming you have one on your belt. Similarly ID, contact information and such would be in your wallet.

A 50'hank of light line might be good. It doesn't say what is in the first-aid kit but most are little more than a couple of band-aids, three feet of tape and a couple 4by4 gauze.

At a minimum I would add a selection of OTC meds. A dozen each of Pepto tablet, Imodium, aspirin, Tylenol, Benadryl and Chlortrimeton would be a good start. A roll of athletic tape, a couple of triangular bandages and a stack of 4by4s would give it a bit more depth.

A small bottle of bug juice, a boonie hat that has been soaked in silicone and a head net would keep the rain and sun off your head and keep the bugs out of your face.

A light poly fleece blanket would come in handy.

Two or three large heavy-duty garbage bags would give you some options.

A spare bulb for the flashlight and spare batteries for the radio and flashlight would be good.

If your going into a shelter earplug, eye cover and a pack of playing cards would help some.

A simple hygiene kit: toothbrush, toothpaste, travel size deodorant, razor and shaving oil, washcloth and small towel, and a travel size soap would help to keep it clean. Brushing my teeth and shaving always makes me feel more civilized and I can do it with little or no water. Baby wipes are okay if it is the best you can manage but if you can squeeze out a pint of water a [censored]'s bath getting the rough spots with a wet washcloth is better.