Originally Posted By: Susan
SBRaider: if you have more, and can hold onto it (from whatever), you'll be better off if staying is your plan. It's just that sometimes, staying is no plan at all.

Sue

I carry well over 1 weeks supply food and water, plus 1 months supply meds in my Bug Out Yukon, along with a serious survival kit. I used to do SAR, time comes to go, I'm GONE. Personally, I've no faith in shelters, and given the choice, I'd shelter in my Yukon somewhere, if I could.

I've spent a lot of time on Galveston, Surfside and on Boliver. No way in h.... I'd stay anywhere near there with a hurricane coming.

From what I've noticed with Katrina, Ike, Andrew and to a lessor extrnt Rita, 3 days worth of supplies may not be enough. Aid has still not gotten to all in remote areas, and we are past the 72 hour time line. One of my buddies in Houston still has not seen any agency or government on his street. He has plenty of supplies, and is not worried.

"A local family is trying to reach their stubborn grandparents who refused to leave Galveston. The couple have a satellite phone, but there's no answer, and no one has heard from them. How do you suppose that is going to turn out? " Not Well.

Last I knew yesterday, we had some ETS'ers that haven't been heard from.

Edited by SBRaider (09/16/08 07:42 PM)